So with all the snow this week, I have lots of time on my hands to dream up new ways to get my name out there. And I bet you all are going pretty stir crazy too – so I’m going to run a contest! This one is called “Fresh Faces” and I’m seeking at least two new faces for my business out of this contest- currently enrolled juniors or seniors, but folks who want to win TWO FREE SESSIONS with Patty Schuchman Photography. That’s right – TWO FREE SESSIONS!
In “Patty Schuchman Photography speak”, two sessions from one subject are called a “Double Exposure”. I designed my session pricing to offer the most flexibility to my clients who are always asking for multiple locations, studio options, on location options, & fun, creative stuff. So I came up with a tiered pricing structure for my sessions that gives you discounts the more you book at once. In this case, the winner of this contest will get TWO FREE SESSIONS – or one of my “Double Exposure” session styles to use as they wish by August 31, 2010. Here are the details and I hope to see LOTS of photos coming into my inbox for the contest!
So without further ado, I hereby announce the first ever Patty Schuchman Photography Fresh Faces Contest for Seniors…..
Patty Schuchman Photography is looking for some new faces for my senior marketing – and YOU could be the next fresh face I photograph! If you are currently attending ANY Loudoun County, Virginia high school – you are eligible to enter this contest to win a Double Exposure session and become one of my new “faces” of Patty Schuchman Photography. The goal is to get more folks to know about my business, so once your images are entered, they will be put into a poll format on the blog and you will be sent an email to announce the start of the voting. You are encouraged to send the link to the poll to all your friends and family – especially your friends! So they can vote and cheer you on!
Who can enter?
One winner will be selected from each category – Girls and Guys. Entrants must be currently attending a Loudoun County high school and the subject must be a current Junior or Senior enrolled at this time in high school in Loudoun County (public or private).
What do I get?
Each winner will receive a “Double Exposure” session with Patty Schuchman Photography – two full sessions to be used by August 31, 2010. You can select two studio sessions, or two “on location” sessions, or one of each instead (the most popular way to do it)! If you are a rising senior and want to use one of your sessions for a yearbook pose (tux or drape) and some fun studio shots at the same time, you can do that. Then take your second session and we’ll go have some fun finding locations that match your personality and style. Each session is up to two hours long. All sessions are customized to YOU, and I strive to find locations that work with your personality, your interests, etc.
What do I do?
Send me a recent snapshot of you (the subject)- one that shows your face clearly. The photos will be posted on my blog in an online poll. Please submit only one photo, and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2010 to be included in my online poll that will be posted by February 20, 2010. Please include the following in your email:
- Subject’s Name (if student, you must have your parents permission to participate)
- Subject’s graduation year
- Subject’s high school
- Your name (if parent, you must have the subject’s permission to submit)
- Your email
- Phone number
- Your entry must include the following statement: “By entering this contest I agree to the rules set forth, and I understand that all decisions are final. I am giving permission for my photo to be used for advertising related to this contest and I agree to abide by all policies of Patty Schuchman Photography as outlined in the Portrait Agreement with Patty Schuchman Photography.”
I can only accept entries with all of the above in the email with the photo, so please submit all the required information.
When does it start?
Entries will be accepted starting today through midnight on Friday Feb 15th. Entries will be displayed on my blog for one week starting Feb 20, 2010 and will be voted on to determine the winner. Polls will close on the voting by Feb 28, 2010. Winners will be announced on the blog and via email or phone.
What are the rules?
- Subjects must not have been photographed individually by Patty Schuchman Photography within the last 12 months professionally. Please call or email if you have questions on your eligibility.
- Only ONE entry per subject and ONE subject per photo. You can enter as many subjects as you wish from the same family, as long as they are within the age requirements.
- All images will be displayed on the blog and on Facebook so by submitting your photo, you consent that you are ok with that. Images may also be used for future marketing material so a signed model release/portrait agreement is required for each session.
- NO professional images will be accepted (including school pics). Please only send snapshots that you have taken. Winners must not be affiliated in any way with another professional photographer, or person studying or engaging in the efforts to become a professional photographer. Any entry submitted by persons affiliated in any way with a professional photographer or aspiring professional photographer will be disqualified.
- Submitted photos must have been taken within the last 2 months to be accepted. Color or black and white photos are accepted.
- Standard session policies apply, and all sales are final.
- For a complete list of studio policies please contact Patty Schuchman Photography.
- The winner must be in Loudoun County to participate.
- Subjects must be entered by the parent/legal guardian, or have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate.
- As with any other offer, all sales are final. For a current list of pricing, please contact Patty Schuchman Photography.
- Sessions will be held with the individual winners only are non-transferable.
- Both sessions must be booked and completed by August 31, 2010 or the winnings will be forfeited.
- Patty Schuchman Photography reserves the right to disqualify or deny entry to anyone at our discretion. This includes any clients who are banned from booking because of copyright infringement, inappropriate content, etc.
Please email me with any questions you may have!! I can’t wait to see your fresh faces!! To see all the options you have with Patty Schuchman Photography for YOUR senior photos, visit my Senior web site at www.pattyschuchmanseniors.com/seniors for work samples and my online Senior Info Guide for detailed pricing on sessions and products.